Creative Projects With Silicone Molds
Many people use traditional materials such as clay or polymer clay when crafting. However, various silicone molds can also create unique and innovative crafts. The post will discuss some creative projects you can do with silicone molds. If you are looking for an easy way to make custom figurines ornaments, then silicone molds are perfect. All you require is some clay and a silicone mold. You can then use the clay to create the figure and release the mold so that the figure is removable. Once you have released the mold, you can use a sharp knife to cut out the figure. This method is excellent for creating unique ornaments that are sure to impress. Another great option for using silicone molds is for making cake decorations. You can use silicone molds to make cakes in any shape or size you desire and remove the cake decoration once it has been finished. This great way to create unique cake designs will wow your guests quickly. You can check out any tutorial for silicon mold making to understand this concept better.
You can do all sorts of things with silicone molds, but one of its favorites is chocolate bark. It is an excellent project for kids, and it’s straightforward to do. Melt some chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or a saucepan over low heat, then pour it into the mold. Add your favorite toppings—the blog recommends sprinkles, nuts, or dried fruit—and put them in the fridge to set. Once they’re firm, you can pop them out and enjoy your delicious chocolate bark!
Making gummy bears is fun and easy to try with silicone molds. Start by purchasing a silicone mold in the shape of bears (or any other desired shape), then follow these simple steps:
- Pour your favorite gummy bear recipe into a bowl.
- Place the silicone mold on top of the bowl, making sure that the entire mold is covered in batter.
- Pop the mold in the fridge for a few hours or until the gummies are set.
- Remove from the fridge, pop out the gummies, and enjoy!
You can also make your peppermint patties! The best and most exciting portion is that you can customize the recipe to your liking. All you need is:
- -1/2 cup of sugar
- -1/4 cup of cornstarch
- -A pinch of salt
- -2 cups of chocolate chips
- -1/4 cup of shortening
- -1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
The instructions for creating peppermint patties are as follows:
- Combine the ingredients, that is, the salt, cornstarch, and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir them in enough water to form a thick mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat and pour into a glass bowl. Let cool completely.
- When cool, stir in peppermint extract and shortening. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into silicone mold cavities. Freeze for several hours or until firm. Pop out and enjoy!
Rice Krispie Treats
There are endless and numerous possibilities when it comes to using silicone molds! Today, it will focus on one of its favorite projects: Rice Krispie Treats. It is a great way to use any leftover cereal and marshmallows, and it’s easy to customize.
All you need is:
- -1/2 cup butter or margarine
- -1 package (10 oz) of marshmallows
- -6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- -Silicone mold(s)
Melt the margarine or butter (whichever you use) in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and continue to stir until they’re completely melted. Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies cereal. Mix until everything is well coated. Spoon the mixture into the silicone mold(s) and press down firmly. Let cool completely before removing.
One fun way to use silicone molds is to make Jello shots. Fill the molds with Jello, let them set, and then pop them out for a fun and festive party treat! You can also use silicone molds to make chocolate shapes, cake pops, and ice cubes. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and have some fun with silicone molds!
In conclusion, you can do many creative projects with silicone molds. Whether creating your novelty gifts, designing custom figurines, or creating functional household items, there are a variety of possibilities to explore. So if you’re looking for some new and exciting ways to use silicone molds, be sure to check out this article for some creative inspiration!
Photo by Melina Bronca on Unsplash