Almost everyone wants such a nice glow on their skins that gets everyone asking them what the secret is. It pays more to make your selection from a well-informed standpoint. If you are dealing with dry skin, seeing signs of fine lines and wrinkles, or suffering from skin conditions due to insufficient collagen production. In that case, you might want to consider getting a skin moisturizer. However, you can not go picking up any random moisturizing lotion. The moisturizing body lotion that you opt for should be specifically formulated for your skin type.
Benefits of using Moisturizing Body Lotion
If you are not convinced that moisturizers are necessary, the following are ways in which moisturizers help the skin.
- They help retain moisture/hydration in the skin and supply that glowing appearance that makes people want to take a second look at you.
- Body moisturizers function like an anti-ageing therapy as they can prevent the occurrences of wrinkles. Try a flawless cbd balm for your skin.
- Your skin can be softer and suppler with the use of body moisturizers. Has someone complained that your palm felt rough or hard when they shook hands with you? You most likely need a skin moisturizer.
- Moisturizers can be formulated with special ingredients and substances that can impact the skin positively, especially when the skin is deficient in these materials.
How to Choose the Right Body Moisturizer?
The first step to choosing a moisturizer is to know your skin type. Your moisturizer should be selected mainly because it suits your skin needs. Let’s show you three skin types and how they affect the choice of body moisturizer.
- Dry Skin: One way to know that you have dry skin is to look for white patches on your face and arms after bathing. You should consider an oil-based lotion if you have dry skin. Also, ensure that your lotion does not contain thiotaurine, preventing your skin from secreting oil.
- Oily Skin: If your skin survives harsh dry weather almost without any formation of white patches, you have oily skin. You should go for water-based moisturizers and avoid petroleum jelly products.
- Sensitive skin: Are you battling skin that reacts easily to products and conditions with irritations and acnes? Then it would be best if you were very careful with moisturizer selection. Go for products with gentle effects on the skin, hypoallergenic, oil-free, and paraben-free. Avoid any product that can trigger inflammatory skin reactions.
What kind of moisturizer do you prefer?
There are two kinds of moisturisers:
- Humectants: This moisturizer contains mucopolysaccharides that help absorb water from the atmosphere and deeper skin layers. Lotions, creams, and milk are all in this class. Good quality humectant moisturizers should contain glycerine, cocoa butter, Shea butter, honey, mango oil, aloe, and hyaluronic acid.
- Occlusive moisturizers: Ointments and butter fall in this class. Most of the products in this category are oil-based, and they function by preventing water loss from the skin. Good quality occlusive moisturizers should contain petroleum jelly, beeswax, lanoline, Shea butter, and mineral oil.
Some people suffer from inadequate collagen production, which can be detrimental to their skin health as collagen is needed to keep the skin smooth, firm, and elastic. While collagen can not be supplied directly to the skin from lotions because of the high density of the compound, some substances can aid collagen production in the skin, and you should look out for them in the lotion you want to buy. Some of them include:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Vitamin C
- Aloe Vera gel
To Wrap It Up
The above tips will surely help you make the best decision if you’re considering buying a moisturizing lotion. Your skin health is definitely worth the efforts you’re putting in.